Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!

Yesterday Ethan and I went to the This is the Place Heritage Park with my family. We had a lot of fun, despite the heat, learning all about pioneer life.
One house was full of chores for the kids to do. Here is Ethan watering the garden. Did you know that the youngest member of the family had to empty the chamber pot in the morning? From our group, that would have been Ethan or Jyllian.
Here are Dominique, Meg, Ethan, and Mattison carding (I think that's how it's spelled) the wool before it's spun into yarn.
We stopped by the Andrus house and were told that for $1 we could leave our kids there and they could spend the night in one of the beds upstairs. Ethan thought that was such a great idea, he picked his bed right away.
We saw all the farm animals and while the peacock shaking and crowing scared Ethan a bit, he thought petting the baby goat was so cool. I sure hope he thinks the baby calves at our family reunion are just as cool.
After a long day in the sun, we adults rested while we watched the kids run crazy wild through the play ground playing in mini pioneer houses.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

This looks like a fun outing. We have been wanting to go up this summer, but just haven't found the time. It reminds me of a trip about 11 years ago now when we all started together on Sem Co. I was wondering the other day if they still make those little bricks. I think my boys would get a total kick out of that.

Unknown said...

what an amazing place, how did I miss this while in Utah?!?!?!?

Janae&DonovanLott said...

My children had a great time. It's fun hanging out with all the cousins. I still feel bad about tossing the ketchup. I truly didn't want to ruin your white shirt.