Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Camp memories

Next week is girls camp and our theme is "Happily ever after." In preparation for camp the girls were asked to write down, blog, or text three times a week what they makes them happy. I have been doing it, I am just a few days behind, but I can catch up fast.

Last night we were doing some last minute preparations for camp and I talked to the girls about how much fun I had at camp. One of the counselors in the YW presidency talked to the girls about spiritually preparing for camp. I remember feeling the spirit very strongly at good 'ol camp Shalom. I also told the girls about all the inside jokes my friends and I had. Here are a few and I know there are just 2 or 3 gals who will get this, but here goes--

*"Any one want some Christmas candy?"
*"So what you're saying is I'm fat"
*Which lead to the three fat girls
*The snorting game
*Gadgets
*Papa Joe
*Don't go down to the biffy in the middle of the night...we lost Anne Lott there just last week
*Choice and Accountability and orange, every year
*Tacos, tacos, and more tacos
*Sisters
*Waterfront
*The leaches in the waterfront lake
*Getting lost on a hike, but only if Ann was the leader
*The buses

I know there are lots more and I can go on and on, but I won't. Have a happy day!

5 comments:

B Flat Major said...

I loved camp with you too. Thanks for the reminders! But you forgot a few things: when your mom and Denise Jeffs spent one afternoon spitting watermelon seeds into people's cups, washing our hair in the faucet halfway through the week whether it needed it or not, and camp boogers.

Grandma Grace said...

When I went with the stake each ward took turns feeding us so we only did one meal for the stake presidency. We had navajo tacos a lot. It was the most popular meal. And we always ate last to make sure there was enough. Sometimes there wasn't. Oh well, it was fun to go to Shalom.
GG

Janae&DonovanLott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janae&DonovanLott said...

My favorite memory of Girl's Camp is when we were at Camp Crystal Lake that one year. We were having such a good time hitting each other with pillows and laughing until that guy with the hockey mask came with his knife. Luckily, he only got to that Becky Bailey that nobody really liked (remember, Becky Bailey! Becky Bailey! Becky Bailey!!) before we kicked the stuffing outta him. Ahhhh, those were the days!

FCZ said...

https://www.fczorky.com/2021/01/pinjaman-online-untuk-dana-pendidikan.html