Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ammendment to the next post...please read on

Okay, to clarify the post after this one. To complete one of my faith value experience, I need to discuss with other mothers, a grandmother or two, and other women "the qualities a woman needs to teach children to have faith and to base their decisions on gospel truths." What did you mothers do for or with your children in this regard? (The manual mentions the example of Helaman's stripling warriors, found in Alma 56:45-48 and 57:21.)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, I had to read that question a few times to be sure what it was asking. My answer is kind of obvious, but it's the best I could come up with - to teach those qualities to her children, a woman needs to develop them in herself. I think that as mom's we can't overlook taking a little time for ourselves to strengthen our spirits, or we won't have much strength to pass on to our kids. Also, I would say that just plain obedience to church programs like FHE, family prayer, etc.
This is a great idea for a post, by the way! It's nice to talk about something so meaningful. Good luck with the medallion!

Karen said...

Thanks Julie! I love your perspective. You know, sometimes the things that are the most obvious are the best! Just like you!

Megan said...

Julie stole all my answers!! She's so smart! I miss being in YW sometimes. I liked doing PP and earning my YW award. Good luck!!

Grandma Grace said...

Karen, The main thing for a child to have a testimony of something is to know what it is. They need to be taught about the church and what it teaches. They need to practice what they are taught. We can teach a child about tithing but they need to pay tithing and go to tithing settlement. That is how they develop faith.