Monday, February 4, 2008

For all you mom's, grandma's and women

As a young women's presidency, we are encouraging the young women in the ward to start on, continue, and work hard on their personal progress. To help encourage the girls, we have decided to earn our medallions too. One of the value experiences under faith requires the young woman, or leader in my case, to discuss "the qualities a woman needs to teach children to have faith and to base their decisions on gospel truths." So, what do you all think? (If you need some inspiration, look at "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and read what it says about a mother's role in the family.) Thanks! I look forward to your opinions and what you have to say on this subject. Oh, and check back in a month or two, I'll have another question to help me with my personal progress.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

On my blog I have posted a link to two of my favorite talks by President Hinckley. They are both so meaningful to me because they discuss the qualities a woman should have in order to be a good mother and in order to serve society. Check them out and see if they answer your question.

Has the YW Personal Progress program changed much since we were young? I got my award back then, but would I have to get a new one if I were a leader?

Karen said...

Andrea--you don't have to get a new award as a leader. It's changed a lot since we were in YW though. It's easier. Our girls are not as motivated as some to do personal progress so we thought that maybe if we were doing it with them and going through the same process, it may encourage them to want to earn their medallion.