Monday, May 12, 2008

It happened again, and then again!

Last night we had a crazy wind storm. It kept me up and I couldn't fall asleep for most of the night. I don't know if it was the rickety screen on our window, or the sound of the metal on the shed, or the thoughts of whether or not Ethan's outside toys were going to be all over the backyard, or even still in the backyard, when we woke up. I think I fell asleep for about an hour around midnight. About 2:30, I hear a huge gust of wind and then a crash! I jumped up and looked out the window and there, right outside my window, upside-down was our shed. Yup, the stupid piece of crap blew over again. I really don't know why we still have it. We don't use it! Mike likes to keep it on the one side of our house to keep Ethan in the backyard (there isn't a fence on that side of the house). However, in my opinion, Ethan is getting old enough that we don't have to worry too much about him escaping, and I'm always out there with him. We eventually will put a fence there and if we ever get our tax rebate money, I'll suggest using it for a fence.

Back to my story...after about 20 minutes of the wind still blowing and the metal of the crappy shed blowing in the wind and keeping us up, Mike got up, put on his trusty flip flops and a sweatshirt and went outside to brave the wind and put the shed right side up, again. There are no doors on the shed, stupid doors broke off long before we moved in. So, Mike put the big, open door up against the house to keep the wind out. Well, that lasted about 20 minutes, maybe, then the shed blew over, AGAIN! ARRRGGG! Luckily it just blew on it's side so the flappy metal didn't flap so much in the wind. Here's a picture to illustrate what I mean and what I found this morning when I got up.
Even those dumb bikes aren't ours. They are broken! If anyone wants to have them and fix them, let me know within the week, I will throw them away after that! Just a word to those who are selling, about to sell, or will ever sell a house, for the sake of the buyers, please take all your broken crap with you! We have found so much here after the people moved out, it's irritating! Just remember the golden rule of moving--leave your house the way you would like to find your new house.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh boy, that is some shed. Get rid of it so you can get a good nights sleep already. I didn't know there were bikes in it either. Can any of them be fixed to have at Grandma's house for visiting grandkids?

Grandma Grace said...

When we moved into this house there were 21 light bulbs burned out. I guess they didn't want to pay to replace them. We once moved into Gary's parents house and they left a lot of stuff and said if we didn't want it to take it to DI. I threw away an old brush under the sink and then they came and wanted it. As well as some Christmas decorations I had out. Oh well. If people would just leave nice stuff it would be all right. I always have dreams that we are moving into a house. The more we walk through it the bigger it gets and it always has lots of really nice furniture, antiques and stuff. What does that mean?
GG

Janae&DonovanLott said...

The wind makes me scared at night. When we lived in St. Louis, I felt like a tornado was going to blow us all away.

Joy said...

Don't you miss good ole Bako Cali? Nothin like that around here ;)