Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yoga boy!

Who likes to run? Who likes to exercise? Mike loves to run and I can tell a difference when he does. It relaxes him and rejuvinates him. Well, I hate to run and I have a few exercise videos that I like, but I get bored of them so I have to mix things up a bit. This morning I decided to pull out my yoga video (yoga helps me relax and feel better). Ethan was already up and I asked him to stay in his room and play with his dinosaurs so I could yoga. He was really good about it for a god 15 minutes, then he wanted to come see what I was doing and what was on the TV. He saw what I was doing and decided to try out some of the poses, he was even breathing deeply like I was. I've seen that there are some kids yoga DVD's out there, maybe I should look into getting one of those sometime.

4 comments:

Alison Roberts said...

Hi Karen,
Your blog inspires me to fiqure out all the cool things to do with a blog. Ethan is looking so big!! Mason and I miss the old play groups, now that Michelle had her baby, and the Irelands are gone, Mason doesn't like going and playing with the little babies :(
You're welcome to add us to your list of bloggers, maybe one day our blog will be "cool"!

Audrey said...

WOW 15 minutes would be record time for us!!!
That is adorable that he got into it, breathing and all!
Love the moments when they are the little side kick of dad! Now ya need to get him his own tool set!

Julie said...

Way to go on the exercising. I don't like long runs either. I do like long walks, though. Have you ever tried Pilates? I have some videos you could borrow if interested. I think that it so cute that Ethan did that. Mostly when I try to exercise, my kids come sit on me.

Catherine said...

I can totally picture little Ethan in those yoga poses and being all serious with the breathing and everything. It's hilarious when Emily copies my kick-boxing moves when I work out! She even yells out hi-yah ad stuff like that! Kids are pure entertainment! Who needs TV? They keep us laughing! :)