Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lunch out, minus Ethan!

Today Mike and I went out to lunch with our friends who live oh so far away (a block) with NO KIDS! It was great! We ate yummy food, and had coupons, made the food taste even better. And we talked, and talked, and talked. It was a shame to have to leave and go home to rescue our moms from the kiddos. I know this sounds lame, given that we only live a block away from eachother, but it was really fun and exciting to get out of the house with my husband and friends and not have to keep pulling Ethan's finger out of his nose or give him pack after pack of smarties to keep him quiet so I could enjoy myself. I told Mike on the way home that we really need to make more of an effort to go out with these two at least once a month, with no kids.

4 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

I agree that it is nice to get away once in a while. But I have found that if it is just us we spend most of the time talking about our kids anyway. It was nice that you got to have a good break.
GG

Audrey said...

AMEN sista! Good for you guys for actually doing it and for reminding me that I want to do that soon too!

Catherine said...

Hooray for dates! And double dates can be a blast, too. How fun! Where did you have lunch? I love yummy food, so if it's a place I haven't been, I want to try it. Let me know!

Megan said...

Catherine stole my comment because I was also gonna say Hooray for dates!! (Great minds think alike!) Oh! And hooray for grandmas who babysit!! Kids are great but I'm glad you and Mike could get away for a little while!